[API-users] Requesting Occurrence Data for Large List of Species

Tim Robertson trobertson at gbif.org
Wed Apr 3 09:52:56 CEST 2019

Hi Benjamin,

Download will be best.

However, there are limits and you will not be able to push 3000 in.
You could either split it into groups of e.g. 300, or use a higher taxon and then implement a post-filter to throw away those not in your list (the latter is how I would do it).

I am sorry for this nuisance, and this is a known issue that we do aim to address: https://github.com/gbif/portal-feedback/issues/1768

Thanks,
Tim