[API-users] Some geometry searches seem to not be working

Scott Chamberlain myrmecocystus at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:54:26 CEST 2018

Hi,

Users of rgbif have been reporting problems with geometry parameter in
/occurrence route not working sometimes. It does indeed appear to work
sometimes, but other times, it appears I think to be using latitude, but
ignoring longitude. It's hard to give reproducible examples for command
line or so, but here's a query where the longitude values appear to be all
over the map, whereas latitude appear to be in the bounds.

https://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/search?limit=300&offset=0&geometry=POLYGON%28%28-0.1%2050.0%2C14.3%2050.0%2C14.3%2042.5%2C-0.1%2042.5%2C-0.1%2050.0%29%29&

using hasGeospatialIssue doesn't appear to help so I'm guessing there could
be user error on my part or perhaps something going on with geometry WKT
usage?

Best, Scott