[API-users] Using the asynchronous download service

Matthew Blissett mblissett at gbif.org
Tue Jan 2 13:36:17 CET 2018

Hi Akshat,

You caught us between Christmas and New Year, when many people were on
holiday.

A synchronous query would be like this:
https://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/search?taxon_key=2280097&has_coordinate=true
so I'll assume you mean the asynchronous download service.

This curl request has worked for me, producing this download on the test
system:
https://www.gbif-uat.org/occurrence/download/0000143-171108114045140 or
https://api.gbif-uat.org/v1/occurrence/download/0000143-171108114045140

query.json:

{
     "creator": "MattBlissett",
     "notification_address": [ "mblissett at gbif.org" ],
     "predicate": {
       "type": "and",
       "predicates": [
         {
             "type": "equals",
             "key": "TAXON_KEY",
             "value": "2280097"
         },
         {
             "type": "equals",
             "key": "HAS_COORDINATE",
             "value": "true"
         }
       ]
     },
     "format": "DWCA"
}

curl -i --user MattBlissett:XXXXX -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X
POST -d @query.json
'https://api.gbif-uat.org/v1/occurrence/download/request'

If you still have trouble, please send the Curl request you used.

Thanks,

Matthew Blissett