[API-users] Asynchronous download DwCA format no publishingOrgKey

Matthew Blissett mblissett at gbif.org
Thu Aug 16 15:22:19 CEST 2018

Dear Eli,

I don't know why it is this way, according to our API the term
publishingOrgKey is "not exposed in user downloads":
http://gbif.github.io/dwc-api/apidocs/org/gbif/dwc/terms/GbifInternalTerm.html

Given a datasetKey (which is in the DwCA format), you can query for the
publishingOrganizationKey with a query like
http://api.gbif.org/v1/dataset/2814930a-3b93-48d6-b887-00979481ac9e, for
example using "curl" and "jq":

curl -Ss
http://api.gbif.org/v1/dataset/2814930a-3b93-48d6-b887-00979481ac9e | jq
.publishingOrganizationKey

There are 20,000 datasets in a complete download, so making these
queries and caching the result will probably be faster than using both
download formats.

Best regards,

Matt Blissett