[API-users] Planned outages of GBIF.org / TDWG.org

Tim Robertson trobertson at gbif.org
Wed Jun 14 22:04:32 CEST 2017

Dear all,

Our apologies in advance, but we expect disruptions in both GBIF and TDWG services next week, Thursday and Friday, 22-23 June 2017.

Partial outages may occur while we relocate the servers for GBIF's and TDWG's systems to a new data centre within the University of Copenhagen.

During this move, we anticipate that GBIF.org, demo.GBIF.org and the GBIF API will continue to operate on temporary servers, though user account creation, dataset registration and dataset crawling will all be temporarily suspended. The TDWG website and  all TDWG mailing lists are likely to remain offline throughout the outage.

We apologize for any inconvenience and will strive to reduce the disruption and its duration as much as possible.

Best wishes,
Tim