[API-users] Tree Species Distribution Model based on ESGF and GBIF Data

Nils Hempelmann info at nilshempelmann.de
Wed Feb 15 12:13:43 CET 2017

Dear all

Time is running quickly, and its already a while ago since I discovered
GBIF/pygbif.

Meanwhile there is an initial version of a Species Distribution Model in
the Web Processing Service Birdhouse. Based on an implementation of
pygbif to fetch the Species occurrence data as well as an data search
interface (wizard) to connect to the appropriate climate model data.

Here is (also initial) the documentation:
http://flyingpigeon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/descriptions/sdm.html

And if you want to have a look on the GUI (including lots of other
processes as well):
https://mouflon.dkrz.de/

Looking forward for your feedback, suggestions, ideas, hopes and wishes
... :-)

Nils