[API-users] A couple of questions about the download API

Doug Palmer Doug.Palmer at csiro.au
Thu Feb 9 01:11:40 CET 2017

Hi,

I'm a newbie to the GBIF API and I have a couple of questions about
downloads. As background, I'm looking at the best way of getting data
from GBIF into the Atlas of Living Australia (the bits we don't have
already) properly split up into source datasets for attribution. My
questions:

With the occurrence download limits, am I right in thinking that the
limits refer to the number of download requests being processed
simultaneously? Can the downloads be of any size in terms of number of
records and detail?

Instead of being notified by email upon completion, is it possible to
poll the status of a download?

Doug Palmer