[API-users] Registry API and authentication

Christian Svindseth christian.svindseth at nhm.uio.no
Mon Aug 14 01:59:44 CEST 2017

Hello,

We have a number of datasets we'd like to publish to GBIF directly through the registry APIs, bypassing our IPT completely. I've been looking through the documentation, but got stuck trying to figure out how to authenticate against the registry API. I suppose the organization name/password pairs used in the IPT might come into play at some point, but this isn't obvious from the documentation..? Or maybe my own account needs to be authorized to access the registry?

Would love to get some input on this, and if anyone else is doing something similar code samples would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Christian Svindseth
GBIF Norway