[API-users] Mismatch in species count

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Thu Apr 6 14:50:42 CEST 2017

Hi Srini,

the species count on the species page represents the species our backbone taxonomy contains for this phylum regardless whether we have occurrences or not.
The distinct species in your occurrences are less cause for some species we do not have any evidence.
Btw, in the upcoming portal you can see the list of distinct, accepted species right away:
https://demo.gbif.org/occurrence/species?taxon_key=79 (select species instead of table view)

Best,
Markus