[API-users] Changes in GBIF.org and API

Tim Robertson trobertson at gbif.org
Thu Sep 1 15:23:54 CEST 2016

Thanks Eduardo.

No, you can type “Plantae” or any higher taxa in the scientific name filter and it will assist with autocompletion.

I hope this helps,
Tim

From: Eduardo Dalcin <edalcin at jbrj.org<mailto:edalcin at jbrj.org>>
Date: Thursday 1 September 2016 at 15:19
To: Tim Robertson <trobertson at gbif.org<mailto:trobertson at gbif.org>>
Cc: "api-users at lists.gbif.org<mailto:api-users at lists.gbif.org>" <api-users at lists.gbif.org<mailto:api-users at lists.gbif.org>>
Subject: Re: [API-users] Changes in GBIF.org and API

Hi Tim, Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, I'm aware of the KEY parameter. My comment is that at the filter, for humans that are not aware of those "obscure codes", still no way to select upper taxonomic ranks but species, through scientific name. Am I right?

Eduardo

Eduardo Dalcin<http://eduardo.dalc.in>
Instituto de Pesquisas Jardim Botânico do Rio de Janeiro - JBRJ
Diretoria de Pesquisas
e-mail: edalcin at jbrj.org<mailto:edalcin at jbrj.org>
Trabalho / Work: +55 21 3204 2116
WhatsApp / Telegram: +55 21 98393 3344