[API-users] Backbone data as SQL

Holetschek, Jörg J.Holetschek at bgbm.org
Mon Nov 21 13:31:23 CET 2016

Hi Christian,

I’ve written a small Python script that runs through the DarwinCore archive Markus mentioned, extracts a given list of terms (taxon, vernacular names, but can be extended) and writes bulk files that can be loaded into SQL Server. It’s lacking any documentation (apart from some inline comments), since I’ve only used it internally. But if you’re familiar with Python, it’s probably easy to adapt to MySQL’s format.
Just let me know if you want to give it a try.

Cheers,
Jörg