[API-users] Backbone data as SQL

godfoder godfoder at acis.ufl.edu
Mon Nov 14 17:57:39 CET 2016

I convert the backbone to an elasticsearch index for taxon name matching
at iDigBio. The code is public, but not particularly built for re-use. I
also pre-process the backbone files to enforce sorting on id/coreid,
which makes the extension matching code easier to write.

https://github.com/iDigBio/idb-backend/blob/master/idb/data_tables/build_taxon_index.py

It could probably be fairly easily adapted to another search engine or
NoSQL database that can handle nested JSON structures if SQL is not a
hard and fast requirement.

- Alex