[API-users] New Portal/Occurrece API functionalities
trobertson at gbif.org
Wed Jun 15 22:28:14 CEST 2016
We can add the protocol in the next iteration. Any other fields you have particular interest in?
All the best,
From: API-users <api-users-bounces at lists.gbif.org<mailto:api-users-bounces at lists.gbif.org>> on behalf of godfoder <godfoder at acis.ufl.edu<mailto:godfoder at acis.ufl.edu>>
Date: Wednesday 15 June 2016 at 22:05
To: "api-users at lists.gbif.org<mailto:api-users at lists.gbif.org>" <api-users at lists.gbif.org<mailto:api-users at lists.gbif.org>>
Subject: Re: [API-users] New Portal/Occurrece API functionalities
Awesome work guys, this make a number of data mining queries I used to have to run much easier and accessible right from the API/Download system.
Any chance that the protocol field could be made searchable? Its always frustrating when I can see fields in the API, but have no ability to inspect their contents other that iteration. It's like the data is locked away just out of reach.
On 06/15/2016 09:44 AM, Federico Mendez wrote:
Dear GBIFApiers, we are excited to announce some new features that are now supported by there GBIF Portal and Occurrence API:
1. Full text search is now supported. Some examples of this new function are:
* Search by collector (recorded by):
* Search by locality shows accurate results for most of the cases: http://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/search?q=santa%20ana
* This service provides suggestions when a 'similar/corrected' version of the query could show more accurate results: http://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/search?q=kajsdkla&spellCheck=true .
* This functionality is also supported by the GBIF portal: http://www.gbif.org/occurrence/search?q=cobra<http://www.gbif.org/occurrence/search>
2. Faceted search
* The GBIF portal now supports faceted navigation by: basis of record, type status, data set, country, year and month. Please, see this example: http://www.gbif.org/occurrence/search?basis_of_record=FOSSIL_SPECIMEN .
* The GBIF API supports faceted results by: basisOfRecord, catalogNumber, classKey, collectionCode, country, datasetKey, decimalLatitude, decimalLongitude, depth, elevation, establishmentMeans, familyKey, genusKey, hasCoordinate, hasGeospatialIssue, institutionCode, issue, kingdomKey, mediaType, month, occurrenceID, orderKey, phylumKey, publishingCountry, recordedBy, recordNumber, repatriated, scientificName, speciesKey, subgenusKey, taxonKey, typeStatus and year.
* The occurrence API supports pagination request in facets using the parameters facetLimit and facetOffset, see this example:
* First three country counts/facets: <http://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/search?facet=COUNTRY&COUNTRY.facetLimit=3&COUNTRY.facetOffset=0&limit=0> http://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/search?facet=COUNTRY&COUNTRY.facetLimit=3&COUNTRY.facetOffset=0&limit=0
* Next three country counts/facets: <http://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/search?facet=COUNTRY&COUNTRY.facetLimit=3&COUNTRY.facetOffset=3&limit=0> http://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/search?facet=COUNTRY&COUNTRY.facetLimit=3&COUNTRY.facetOffset=3&limit=0
3. A new repatriation filter allows to search for records whose publishing country is different to the country where the record was recorded in. For example, the following link shows the repatriated data of Costa Rica:http://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/search?COUNTRY=CR&REPATRIATED=true .
Be aware that this is still in a experimental phase and its definition could change in the future. Please refer to the API documentation http://www.gbif.org/developer/occurrence and don't hesitate to contact us if you have further questions!
Best regards, GBIFS Informatics.
API-users mailing list
API-users at lists.gbif.org<mailto:API-users at lists.gbif.org>http://lists.gbif.org/mailman/listinfo/api-users
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the API-users