[API-users] birdhouse meets GBIF

Tim Robertson trobertson at gbif.org
Thu Jun 2 14:45:21 CEST 2016

Hi Nils

We don’t have any OGC services, but there is an asynchronous download API which can deliver CSVs.
Off the top of my head, the only way you can automate this at the moment would be to do periodically issue a download (e.g. Daily) process as you see fit, and cache the result for your app.

In the download API you can get any size from 1 - > 660 million records, which is why it is asynchronous.  It’s used a lot by various applications and communities.

I hope this helps,
Tim