[API-users] Downloading large numbers of datasets

Matthew Blissett mblissett at gbif.org
Wed Dec 7 23:51:04 CET 2016

Hi Clint,

You're first to report a problem, though trying to download the file
(64-bit Linux, wget) within the GBIF network also failed for me.

I've copied it with a different method to here:
http://download.gbif.org/2016/12/0039949-160910150852091.zip -- on a
plain Apache server, so wget's "--continue" option should work if necessary.

The MD5 checksum is e976523c9e6c7ec0cd9d3cb30030020b and the size is
exactly 43,184,530,448 bytes.

If downloading that doesn't work, I could split the file into chunks.
We'll also look into why the download failed [1].

Cheers,

Matt Blissett

[1] http://dev.gbif.org/issues/browse/POR-3199