[API-users] What happens to previous data after dataset/crawl?

Roderic Page Roderic.Page at glasgow.ac.uk
Sat Aug 27 08:18:31 CEST 2016

Thanks Tim,

Specific example I'm working on is DNA barcoding data from BOLD. Their data dumps and web API differ in how they identify same record (basically whether they include the suffix '.COI-5P' or not) which is deeply annoying. So I may have a case where I need to update ids for large number of records, and want the other version of those records to be replaced. Sounds like I would need to ask you specifically to delete old ones if I want to this to happen.

Regards,

Rod