[API-users] New taxonomic backbone

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Mon Aug 8 15:57:16 CEST 2016

Thanks Alex,

the current backbone export is hosted here:

I have just updated the current symlink to point to that archive, thanks for reminding!


On 08 Aug 2016, at 15:53, godfoder <godfoder at acis.ufl.edu<mailto:godfoder at acis.ufl.edu>> wrote:

Great Job! It's nice to see the time investment you put into re-working the backbone infrastructure paying off. Any ETA on updating the DwC-A version at http://rs.gbif.org/datasets/backbone/backbone-current.zip ?

- Alex

On 08/08/2016 09:25 AM, Markus Döring wrote:
Dear all,

I am pleased to let you know that we have just deployed a new backbone taxonomy, which includes reorganising all occurrence data to the backbone.
Most importantly this has fixed many incorrect synonymized species, especially in large plant families.
Additionally, there are several bug fixes in interpretation, and a lot of improvements to the date handling which have been included in this reprocess.

We have summarised all major changes and new metrics in a blog post:

Crawling will remain off until tomorrow, as we verify everything is as we expect.

With regards,

API-users mailing list
API-users at lists.gbif.org

API-users mailing list
API-users at lists.gbif.org<mailto:API-users at lists.gbif.org>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.gbif.org/pipermail/api-users/attachments/20160808/919dd4ec/attachment.html>

More information about the API-users mailing list