[API-users] New taxonomic backbone

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Mon Aug 8 15:25:56 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I am pleased to let you know that we have just deployed a new backbone taxonomy, which includes reorganising all occurrence data to the backbone.
Most importantly this has fixed many incorrect synonymized species, especially in large plant families.
Additionally, there are several bug fixes in interpretation, and a lot of improvements to the date handling which have been included in this reprocess.

We have summarised all major changes and new metrics in a blog post:
http://gbif.blogspot.com/2016/08/gbif-backbone-august-2016-update.html

Crawling will remain off until tomorrow, as we verify everything is as we expect.

With regards,
Markus