[API-users] API Changelog?

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Wed Sep 16 11:19:12 CEST 2015

Hi Scott,

no there isn’t I’m afraid. We have been careful with changes to the public API which should have mostly been bug fixes, but sometimes minimal, backwards compatible changes creeped in too. The API has a major version number in the URL (v1) and we will change that version when including some proper changes, e.g. separating names and taxa in the API.

But I agree it would be good to also document the smaller changes, e.g. new entries to vocabularies used in searches.
We could probably do that retrospectively by going through the commit history of the API project:
https://github.com/gbif/gbif-api/commits/master <https://github.com/gbif/gbif-api/commits/master>

Do you think this is useful?

Markus