[API-users] Some questions from a begginer

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Thu Sep 10 09:50:54 CEST 2015

Eduardo,

another difference in using downloads periodically is that you get the interpreted data from us (together with the original if you want to).
That already contains quite a bit of data cleaning and aligning to controlled vocabularies that might be painful to reproduce otherwise.
Also publishers are *very* often offline. Especially for the long running xml harvesting protocols (biocase,tapir,digir) this can be a bit of a challenge to index them entirely.

Markus