[API-users] funny characters in common names / vernaculars for species

jorrit poelen jhpoelen at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 24 00:23:55 CET 2015

Hi Guido:

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for confirming that there’s an character conversion issue happening somewhere.

Since the mangled characters appear in both html and json provided by GBIF, I’d say it is probably a gbif issue.

Is there a way to find out whether the invalid character handling occurs in a data provider or within GBIF itself?

thx,
-jorrit