[API-users] numDescendants in species/?name response

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Thu Jul 30 10:06:02 CEST 2015

Hi James,

good news first, the Wikipedia and Index Fungorum datasets have been indexed and are back online.

The descendants issue you see is indeed some bug and should not be that way. I cannot explain it right now, but I’ll try to find the reason for it and reprocess the data accordingly.
You should still be able to rely on numDescandants for your browser.

best,
Markus