[API-users] Multimedia examples

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Tue Jun 17 19:16:14 CEST 2014

Hi Scott,
yes indeed there are new search parameters.

You can search for occurrences that have some multimedia like this now:
http://api.gbif.org/v0.9/occurrence/search?mediaType=*

or just images like this:
http://api.gbif.org/v0.9/occurrence/search?mediaType=StillImage

A list of available search parameters is here, we still have to update our API doc portal page I am afraid:
http://gbif.github.io/gbif-api/apidocs/org/gbif/api/model/occurrence/search/OccurrenceSearchParameter.html

For processing issues you can now search with a rich issue parameter like this:
http://www.gbif.org/occurrence/search?ISSUE=COORDINATE_OUT_OF_RANGE

All available issue values can be found here:
http://gbif.github.io/gbif-api/apidocs/org/gbif/api/vocabulary/OccurrenceIssue.html

Combined with a dataset key this should be useful to debug individual dataset problems.
For example show all records in the Arizona State Lichen Collection that cant be matched to the GBIF backbone properly:
http://www.gbif.org/occurrence/search?DATASET_KEY=84c0e1a0-f762-11e1-a439-00145eb45e9a&ISSUE=TAXON_MATCH_NONE&ISSUE=TAXON_MATCH_HIGHERRANK

Issues are also reported now on the dataset stats page with direct links to the search:
http://www.gbif.org/dataset/84c0e1a0-f762-11e1-a439-00145eb45e9a/stats

Hope this is useful to publishers. It surely is really useful for us to spot problems!

best,
Markus