[API-users] language parameter of Species API

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Thu Aug 21 09:38:20 CEST 2014

Hi James,
it is correct that we default to english for non existing languages. I agree it might be confusing when you requested sth different and it might be hard to tell what language that name actually represents.
We will consider returning null in those cases.

As for the http headers Ill take a look and file a bug report.
Thanks!

Markus