[API-users] Is there a GBIF specific LSID that can be used?

Robert Guralnick Robert.Guralnick at colorado.edu
Mon Aug 18 15:29:35 CEST 2014

  Markus --- I think the answer to the question: "Would a taxon DOI be a
valuable feature for you?" really depends on some of the details.  With a
taxon name, you are putting a DOI on a string and one that has been
dissociated from its source(s).  I would think more valuable would be a DOI
linked to the checklist that contained the name, and maybe a passthrough (a
la suffix passthroughs in the EZID system) to the individual name.  That
way I can resolve that taxon name to the source from whence it came.

Best, Rob