[API-users] SpeciesAPI suggest do not return class value

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Mon Aug 18 10:02:41 CEST 2014

Hello James,
you are right that our API classes are made for Jackson 1.x as it currently stands. We considered to move to jackson 2 before and I have a patch ready, but it has a lot of impact for our code (mostly conflicts in hadoop bundled versions of jackson) so that we are not yet confident to apply the change. If you want to use our API classes please stick with jackson 1.x until we migrate the entire gbif-api library.

best,
Markus