[ALA-Portal] Myriatrix Scratchpad conversion to Living Atlas

Myriatrix Admin archilegt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 18:30:05 UTC 2023

Hi Dave,
Yes, it is of use, thanks! I do use the Taxon Description content type in
Myriatrix. A very nice feature in the Scratchpads taxon descriptions is
that if a bibliographic reference is already in the internal database, just
citing its unique number with a so-called "bib tag" or "citekey" will
automatically build that reference and others into a reference list at the
end of each free text field, in a standard format.
See example for *Scolopendra gigantea* Linnaeus, 1758, fields "General
description" and "Distribution":
https://myriatrix.myspecies.info/taxonomy/term/9017/descriptions

Internally, there is no "References" section written. One just writes like
this:
See Kraepelin (1903: 233 <https://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/page/29551367>
)[bib]308[/bib], Attems (1930: 39-40)[bib]303[/bib], Shelley & Kiser (2000:
160-161)[bib]1913[/bib], Shelley (2006: 26)[bib]251[/bib], and Lewis (2016:
24, Table 1)[bib]1229[/bib].
... and the software does the rest.

Cheers,
Carlos