[ALA-Portal] First steps and some questions

hhernandez at query.com.gt hhernandez at query.com.gt
Sun Jul 22 18:58:09 CEST 2018

Hello, my name is Hector, I’am from Guatemala.

We want to implement the ALA Portal, but I have some questions.

I have already try to do the installation but with no good results.

I already have an ubuntu installed, so with this information wich link
should I use

This https://github.com/AtlasOfLivingAustralia/ala-install

Or this
https://github.com/AtlasOfLivingAustralia/documentation/wiki/Installation

I was reading the documentation but I don’t get right if I have to use a VM
with my ubuntu?

Can I install the ALA portal without an VM an vagrant?

I hope to be clear myself

Thanks for help

Héctor Armando Hérnandez S.

Gerente General.