[Ala-portal] ALA Documentation - Highlight of the month
fabien.caviere at mnhn.fr
Mon Dec 4 15:32:08 CET 2017
At the CESP project between Canadensys and GBIF France, we have decide to re-shape the wiki of the ALA documentation. To explains why with we did it, every month, I will highligh one section of the documentation to tell you her purpose, the informations you can find in it, and how you can contribute to the fullfill of this section.
This month, the chosen one is "Portals in production" because it's one of the big section of the wiki and one of the first place where people will look for informations.
Each page have three parts :
* In the First part, "Presentation", you will have a lot of general and technical informations, group by sub-parts :
- architecture scheme : a scheme of all the virtual machines who compose the architecture. For each virtual machine, you will have the OS, the amount of RAM, the number of CPU, the amount for storage and all the services that inside it.
- introduction : a few sentences that explains the genese and the current state of the project (the actors, the administrative process, ...), the actors involved, ...
- metadata on the portal development : contains the number of developers, the time allowed to the portal and other informations on the portal project of the node
- general informations : all about the structure that host the portal, the explanations and details on the portal architecture, the context of the beginning, the current state and the future of the portal, ...
- stats of your portal : data about the daily traffic and the guess of the amount of data in 5 years
- specific settings : if the portal needed a specific setting or set up, you can find them here
* In the second part, "Diagram", you have a diagram that show all the dependences between the differents services, elements and modules on the portal ; it very handly for beginners for understands the process of the portal
* And in the third and last part "Mains local points to this portal", you can get all the informations about the specificity of the portal compared to others : the differences about the modules implemented, the code modifications, the technical constraints of the regional language, the settings of the servers, and others
Currently, none of the differents portals in production pages are fully complete : there are a lot of informations missing.
If you want to complete the blank, don't forget to follow the instructions using the [ https://github.com/AtlasOfLivingAustralia/documentation/wiki/Good-pratices-customisation | Good-practices page ] ; you can find the completion scheme on the following pages :
- [ https://github.com/AtlasOfLivingAustralia/documentation/wiki/Canadensys-production-environment | Canadensys production environment ]
- [ https://github.com/AtlasOfLivingAustralia/documentation/wiki/CRBio-production-environment | CRBio production environment ]
- [ https://github.com/AtlasOfLivingAustralia/documentation/wiki/GBIF-France-production-environment | GBIF France production environment ]
- [ https://github.com/AtlasOfLivingAustralia/documentation/wiki/GBIF-Sweden-production-environment | GBIF Sweden production environment ]
As always, if you want to fullfill other part of the documentation, go for it ;)
Don't forget to assign yourself on this [ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e1Y9R_vUUXbO5drE11CZlZS0wTOme-CcBGLLRI1HVoo/edit#gid=1805639524 | document ] if you want to complete a part of the wiki.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email.
Have a good days.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ala-portal