[Ala-portal] [Spatial] Error during integration of layer

Marie Elise Lecoq melecoq at gbif.fr
Fri May 27 02:38:15 CEST 2016

Hi all,

When I integreted a new layer on the spatial portal, I got this error :

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: value too long for type character
varying(160)
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2102)
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1835)
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:257)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:500)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:388)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:381)
at
au.org.ala.layers.ingestion.contextual.ContextualFromShapefileDatabaseLoader.importShapeFile(ContextualFromShapefileDatabaseLoader.java:293)
at
au.org.ala.layers.ingestion.contextual.ContextualFromShapefileDatabaseLoader.create(ContextualFromShapefileDatabaseLoader.java:99)
at
au.org.ala.layers.ingestion.contextual.ContextualFromShapefileDatabaseLoader.main(ContextualFromShapefileDatabaseLoader.java:54)

It seems that one of the name is too long. I tried to fixed on the data and
I tried to re-run the script sh but I was not possible because the
shapefile is already here. How can reload it ? Do I have to remove rows
from the postgresql and remove files in /data/ala/data/layers/ready/shape/ ?

Thanks for your help,
Cheers,
Marie