[Ala-portal] ala-install - ansible version

Armand Turpel armand.turpel at gmail.com
Tue May 12 09:28:26 CEST 2015

Hi,
Finally I arrived to install ala-demo on a windows 7 (8gb) machine with
virtualbox. I would set the focus on the mysql connection problem that I
had during the Paris meeting. This problem is in fact related to the
ansible version above 1.8. (Dave, Tim) If you follow the install
instructions of ansible here:
 http://docs.ansible.com/intro_installation.html#latest-releases-via-pip
the latest ansible will be installed. Which is a version above 1.8. (1.9.1
or 2.0.0) the ala-demo install dosent work with this version.
It is necessary to install ansible with:

sudo pip install ansible version===1.8.4

Best wishes,
Armand