[Ala-portal] DATASETS and MANAGE RESOURCES / COLLECTION AND INSTITUTION

Santiago Martinez de la Riva sama at gbif.es
Fri Sep 12 16:18:11 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I updated our collectory module with the last release, collectory 1.1.2. And I found two issues that I would like to comment you.

1) DATASETS: http://datos.gbif.es/collectory/datasets/

In this url the datasets are never loaded. You can see in the Firebug that the page has 3 erros, one of these is the next:

TypeError: jQuery(...).autocomplete is not a function
selectFirst: false

/collec...tasets/ (línea 70, col 16)

2) ADDING RESOURCES / COLLECTION / INSTITUTION: http://datos.gbif.es/collectory/public/show/in1

In this context, we have one Institution (in1) that has 2 collections. Now I'm goin to explain the procedure that I do to create these relations:

The first thing that I do is upload the resource, and  after, I create the entities for that collection and that instution. In this moment, I edit the data resource and the collection for creating the relations:

-  The first collection "Inventario Fauna Vertebrada de la Manchuela Conquense (CUENCA), 2007 (ADIMAN-MANCHUELA-2007)" is related to the data resource "dr40" that has 2.790, the collection code is ADIMAN-MACHUELA-2007 and the internal code/id is co3.
    The record consumer of  the data resource "dr40" are co3 and in1. (image_1)
    but when I create the relation between this collection and the institution, the record cosumer are (view image_2)

- The second collection "Inventario de Flora y Vegetación del Municipio de Enguídanos (Cuenca), 2010 (ADIMAN-FLORA)" is related to the data resource "dr66" that has 5.291 records. The collection code is ADIMAN-FLORA and the internal code/id is co2.
   The record consumer of the data resource "dr66" are co2 and in1. (image_3)
    but when I create the relation between this collection and the institution the record cosumer are: (view image_4)

I think that in both cases, image_2 and image_4, are wrong, because, how is it possible that one collection contributes with digitised records to the other? This doesn't make sense.

When I have created this structure, then I do the ingest of these resource:
ingest -dr dr40
ingest -dr dr66

But, what is my surprise that when I access to the page of each resource, I see that the total records of ADIMAN-MANCHUELA-2007 is the sum of the record of both collections, and ADIMAN-FLORA doesn't have records.
You can see this in this links:
- http://datos.gbif.es/collectory/public/show/co3 (ADIMAN-MACHUELA-2007)
- http://datos.gbif.es/collectory/public/show/co2 (ADMINA-FLORA)

I can also create the provider Map for both cases, but I don't exactly know, if the provider codes have to be the internal codes like: in1, co2 and co3 or the orginal codes like ADMIN, ADIMAN-FLORA and ADIMAN-MACHUELA-2007. In the image_5 and image_6, you can see  the ProviderMap for this case. Two question?
 - Is it necessary the use of these provider maps to create the relations?
 - Could you explain how works this matching code?
I mean, It's possible that in one collection we have two collection codes, For example: in ADIMAN-MACHUELA-2007 we have other collection code that is ADIMAN-CENSOAVUTARDA-2008. I figure up that I can define these rules with the parameters: "exact" and "Match Any Collection Code". Is right?

Thanks so much for the help and sorry for this long message.

PD: I'm working also with the i18n, and soon we will have translated and implemented all the variables in the project. You can see some advance in this link http://datos.gbif.es/collectory, I have had to edit some javascripts to do all the translation.

Santiago Martínez de la Riva
GBIF.ES, Unidad de Coordinación         Tel. +34 91 4203017 x 273
Real Jardín Botánico - CSIC                     Fax +34 91 429 2405
Plaza de Murillo, 2                                     sama at gbif.es
28014 Madrid, Spain                                 www.gbif.es