[Ala-portal] Installation page updated

David.Martin at csiro.au David.Martin at csiro.au
Thu May 29 11:42:53 CEST 2014

Thanks Santiago, Burke.

The recommended approach for all projects is to load data following the instructions that Burke included in his last email [1].
One of the requirements for this to work is that an instance of the collectory is installed.
What Natasha described (and which is now out of date) is a mechanism for loading data without a collectory instance. This is useful for local development purposes only.
This can be done on the command line with version 1.1 with the command:

biocache>> load-local-csv dr0 /tmp/my-csv.txt

The way we load data in our production environment is as follows:

1) Create a data resource in the collectory
2) Upload a CSV or DwC-A zip file into the collectory using the "Upload file" option
3) Use the command line tool describe in [1] to load, sample (optional), process and index the data

Hope this helps.

Dave Martin
ALA
[1] https://code.google.com/p/ala-portal/wiki/LoadBiocacheData