[Ala-portal] Names Generator Issues

Allan Koch allan.kv at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:19:29 CET 2014

I thank you for the quick answer David and Tim .

We have studied the process to create the namematching index based on the
National List of Australia and I see that reproducing the same process to
create a new National List is quite complex.

But, for now, we just have the demand to include some names that aren´t
included in current namematching index.

If we understood, we need at first, run the Names Generator with the input
of a set of CSVs from APNI, APC e AFD. Based on the output of the Names
Generator we run the Name Mathcing for creating the LUCENE index, right?

If it´s right, it would be great If we could execute this same standard
process, but with de input CSVs modified, with our set of names included in
these CSVs (in the same format).

In the future (after this 3 months) we can study the possibility to
generate our complete National List .

But for now, we need to include a set of names in the namematching index.
It could be possible to be realized in a short time, in one or two weeks?

Best regards,

Allan Koch Veiga

Núcleo de Pesquisa em Biodiversidade e Computação - BioComp
Laboratório de Automação Agrícola - LAA
Depto. de Engenharia de Computação e Sistemas Digitais - PCS
Engenharia Elétrica - Escola Politécnica da USP
Celular: +55 11 8401-2277
Email: allan.kv at usp.br

"*Stay hungry, stay foolish.*" Stewart Brand