[Ala-portal] Names Generator Issues

Tim Robertson [GBIF] trobertson at gbif.org
Wed Mar 12 16:16:04 CET 2014

Hi Paulo

Those are all good comments - I'll make sure the ALA dev team are following those issues.
As this goes forward, it is clear that code releases are going to be needed, so we get immutable binaries in nexus and tagged SVN branches.  I'll try and raise this with Dave Martin.

I'll try and follow the resolutions for the issues you log, build an artifact and verify the same results.
I'm not so much into scala, but IIRC I saw that issue with another artifact.  The solution was to run this before running the command line:
  jar -xf ala-names-generator-1.0-SNAPSHOT-assembly.jar lib

I found this in the way they run the biocache command line tools in:
  https://ala-portal.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/biocache-install/ubuntu/install.sh

It may not be the solution, but worth trying.

I hope this helps,
Tim

Tim Robertson - GBIF Head of Informatics - trobertson at gbif.org