[Ala-portal] getting started issues

Tim Robertson [GBIF] trobertson at gbif.org
Wed Jun 18 21:50:14 CEST 2014

Hi Miguel

One of the goals of the forthcoming workshop is to clean up legacy documentation such as that which you have stumbled upon.  You are following old guides there I am afraid.

Please can you start here: http://dev.gbif.org/wiki/display/ALA/01+Essential+tools+and+environment+configurations

The installation is actually run as an Ansible playbook now and not the shell script you were using.  Once Ansible is set up, and you have a target host, the installation should be very straightforward.

Sorry about this - it looks like you made great progress though so I am sure you learnt something about the underlying pieces at least.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Robertson - GBIF Head of Informatics - trobertson at gbif.org
Global Biodiversity Information Facility http://www.gbif.org/
GBIF Secretariat, Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Tel: +45 3532 1487  Mob: +45 2826 1487  Fax: +45 2875 1480