[Ala-portal] Terminology and their relationship

David.Martin at csiro.au David.Martin at csiro.au
Wed Jul 9 09:46:46 CEST 2014

Thanks Burke.

Theres some documentation on the collectory data model here:

https://code.google.com/p/ala-collectory/wiki/RS_APIReference

Happy to go through this in detail at the workshop.

The record consumer functionality is about linking records to their institution and collection. This is done using the provider code maps that essential say:

institutionCode=AM & collectionCode=Ento  => Australian Museum Entomology Collection.

For data hubs, the UI is a bit lacking but essentially a hub can consist of one or more data resources. We use these for thematic grouping of datasets.

Cheers

Dave