[Ala-portal] issues with the Collectory module.

sama sama at gbif.es
Thu Apr 24 09:03:57 CEST 2014

My name is Santiago Martínez de la Riva. I'm member of node of Gbif
Spain. We have installed the data portal of ALA and we have a problem
with the collectory module.

We can't create new collections or institutions. When we try to add
collections or institutions, the Portal shows the next message:

http://193.146.75.144:8080/collectory/dataResource/uploadGBIFFile

Could be an error caused by problems with permissions in the directory
/data/collectory/upload? Because It seems that the server doesn't create
the temporal file.

- --------------------------------------
An unexpected error has occurred.

If this is the first time this page has appeared, try the refresh button
in your browser.

If this fails, try to return to the home page and start again.

If this page is still displayed, please report the incident to ALA
support. Click here to email ALA support.

The following is useful information that helps us discover what has
happened. Please copy it into emails requesting support.

You might also like to expand the more detailed information by clicking
on 'Show stack trace' and copying that text to us as well.

Thanks for your patience.
Error 500: Executing action [uploadGBIFFile] of controller
[au.org.ala.collectory.DataResourceController] caused exception: Runtime
error executing action
Servlet: grails
URI: /collectory/grails/dataResource/uploadGBIFFile.dispatch
Exception Message: /data/collectory/upload/tmp/1398257201760 (No such
file or directory)
Caused by: /data/collectory/upload/tmp/1398257201760 (No such file or
directory)
Class: ProviderGroupController
At Line: [522]
Code Snippet:
Show stack trace
Stack Trace

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/collectory/upload/tmp/1398257201760
(No such file or directory)

	at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:221)

	at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:171)

	at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.disk.DiskFileItem.write(DiskFileItem.java:449)

	at
au.org.ala.collectory.GbifService.createGBIFResourceFromMultipart(GbifService.groovy:211)

	at
au.org.ala.collectory.ProviderGroupController$_closure22.doCall(ProviderGroupController.groovy:522)

	at
grails.plugin.cache.web.filter.PageFragmentCachingFilter.doFilter(PageFragmentCachingFilter.java:195)

- -----------------------------

We have realized too that in the demo portal of ala shows another error
which is related to updated process of one resource. When we try to
modify the information of one resource.
For example, for this resource:

http://ala-ono.it.csiro.au/collectory/dataResource/show/dr172

If we try to modify some field: the name, the url.., and we try to
update the resource, the portal shows the next error message:

- -------------------

An unexpected error has occurred.

If this is the first time this page has appeared, try the refresh button
in your browser.

If this fails, try to return to the home page and start again.

If this page is still displayed, please report the incident to ALA
support. Click here to email ALA support.

The following is useful information that helps us discover what has
happened. Please copy it into emails requesting support.

You might also like to expand the more detailed information by clicking
on 'Show stack trace' and copying that text to us as well.

Thanks for your patience.
Error 500: Executing action [updateBase] of controller
[au.org.ala.collectory.DataResourceController] caused exception: Runtime
error executing action
Servlet: grails
URI: /collectory/grails/dataResource/updateBase.dispatch
Exception Message: No signature of method: static
au.org.ala.collectory.BaseCommand.get() is applicable for argument
types: (java.lang.String) values: [173] Possible solutions:
getAt(java.lang.String), getId(), grep(), grep(java.lang.Object),
wait(), any()
Caused by: No signature of method: static
au.org.ala.collectory.BaseCommand.get() is applicable for argument
types: (java.lang.String) values: [173] Possible solutions:
getAt(java.lang.String), getId(), grep(), grep(java.lang.Object),
wait(), any()
Class: Unknown
At Line: [-1]
Code Snippet:
Show stack trace
Stack Trace

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static
au.org.ala.collectory.BaseCommand.get() is applicable for argument
types: (java.lang.String) values: [173]
Possible solutions: getAt(java.lang.String), getId(), grep(),
grep(java.lang.Object), wait(), any()

	at
grails.plugin.cache.web.filter.PageFragmentCachingFilter.doFilter(PageFragmentCachingFilter.java:195)

	at
grails.plugin.cache.web.filter.AbstractFilter.doFilter(AbstractFilter.java:63)

	at au.org.ala.cas.client.UriFilter.doFilter(UriFilter.java:200)

	at au.org.ala.cas.client.UriFilter.doFilter(UriFilter.java:200)

	at au.org.ala.cas.client.UriFilter.doFilter(UriFilter.java:200)

- -------

Kind regards.
Santi.
Santiago Martínez de la Riva Vivanco