[IPT] migrate dataset from one IPT to another.

David Valentim Dias dvdscripter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 20:19:53 CET 2015

Xander,

We just run at the same problem. If you're good with computers you can
migrate resources without touching web interface.
*We did this process at testing environment and we grant no warrant.*
Suppose you want to move/migrate resources from IPT A to B.
Stop both IPTs.

IPT A:
Copy <IPT_DATADIR>/config/users.xml
Copy <IPT_DATADIR>/resources/<shortname of resources you want to move>

When I say copy means to save in another place or zip.

IPT B:
Edit <IPT_DATADIR>/config/users.xml to add any user with owns/manage data
from IPT A resources (use your copy from A as reference). Care with this
step, editing xml by hand is ugly and you can fuck up easy.
Copy to <IPT_DATADIR>/resources/ resources from IPT A (remember to include
any subdirectory!).
Correct the directory and files ownership (chown tomcat_user:tomcat_user -R
<IPT_DATADIR>/resources/).

David

> Dear Xander,
>
> Yes, you can also use that set of instructions when the source publication
> tool is an IPT.
>
> Please note the IPT user manual and wiki is hosted on GitHub now. For your
> convenience, that same set of instructions can be found here
> <https://github.com/gbif/ipt/wiki/IPT2ManualNotes.wiki#migrate-a-resource>
>  [1].
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kyle
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/gbif/ipt/wiki/IPT2ManualNotes.wiki#migrate-a-resource
>
> From: IPT <ipt-bounces at lists.gbif.org> on behalf of Xander van der Sar <
> x.vandersar at gmail.com>
> Date: Wednesday 9 December 2015 11:47
> To: "ipt at lists.gbif.org" <ipt at lists.gbif.org>
> Subject: [IPT] migrate dataset from one IPT to another.
>
> Dear GBIF Friends,
>
> We want to migrate a couple of datasets to an other IPT. There is a
> workflow for migrating from older publication tools [1] in the IPT manual.
> Can I use this workflow as well when the source publication tool is an IPT?
> Or do I have to follow another workflow.
>
> [1]
> https://code.google.com/p/gbif-providertoolkit/wiki/IPT2ManualNotes#Migrate_a_Resource
>
> All the best,
>
> Xander