[IPT] IPT 2.2.2 with SQL Server 2008; jtds error

Blum, Stan SBlum at calacademy.org
Thu May 29 09:11:07 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Is anyone else using:

IPT 2.1.1 on
CentOS 6.5
Java 1.6.0_30
Tomcat 6

Connecting to:

SQL Server 2008 R2
Windows 2008 Server

We had been operating just fine with 2.0.4 since last fall.  We recently updated to IPT 2.1.1 about two weeks ago.  Now we are unable to connect to our SQL Server instance.  We’re getting:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/sourceforge/jtds/jdbc/Driver : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 (unable to load class net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver)

(We also upgraded the SQL Server database/server recently, but I think that was working fine for at least two weeks before we upgraded our IPT.)

Does anyone know how to fix (or help us further diagnose) our “unsupported major.minor version 51.0” problem?

Thanks,

-Stan