[IPT] OAI-PMH on IPT

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Thu Apr 15 14:44:31 CEST 2010

Hannu,
we've decided to use simple rss feeds in favor over the OAI-PMH protocol in the IPT.
the RSS feed (atom) is pagable and allows you to iterate over all resources in chronological order.

For example:
http://ipt.gbif.org/atom.xml

and if there would have been more resources than 25 the second page would be:
http://ipt.gbif.org/atom.xml?page=2

The rss feed give you the basic metadata directly including the geographic bounding box, a link to the full EML and a link to the resource page on the IPT as well as the resource homepage when existing.
I just see that there is no link to the full dataset (dwc archive) yet. I will add that for the next release so the data can immediately be harvested from there.

I hope this satisfies your needs - its perfect for indexing I believe.

Markus