[API-users] Using GBIF api for a global insect family website

Bastiaan Wakkie bwakkie at syrphidae.com
Sun May 28 20:03:05 CEST 2017

Dear all,

>From 1999 onwards I have created and maintained a insect family website
about Syrphidae ( http://www.syrphidae.com)

Main goal is a centralised meeting point for Syrpidologists around the
world. My plan is to use the gbif backbone in the future but have no
idea where to start.

Basically I used national checklists to update the data in the pastbut
never reached the whole world (Europe and Africa where partly done).
What is the best option for me? I know in the past there was the
gibf-npt which was very suitable for my case but was discontinued.

Are there examples I can reusefor my purpose? Would it be best to use
only api calls all over my website ot receive speciedata and occurences?

kind regards,

Bastiaan Wakkie