[API-users] Best practice to read details info using the API

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Tue Dec 22 19:07:12 CET 2015

Hi Martin,

I am afraid there is no single request. We also stitch the species page together from lots of different requests. For some of them there is the danger that they get pretty large, hence most of them are pageable too.
For the parents it depends whether you need the exact list of all parents. Then you need that extra request. If you can live with just the major Linnean ranks then you can use the family/familyKey property of the NameUsage object directly.

Cheers,
Markus