[API-users] Any changes in the download API?

Scott Chamberlain myrmecocystus at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 17:37:52 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Any news on the download API? More users of our R client are asking about
this (e.g., "I want data for 15,000 species, and it takes sooo long with
your R package, but using the web interface for so many species is a bit
cumbersome"), so I am curious if you think it's now okay to expose download
functions in our R client `rgbif`? If not, any idea when?

If it is still a concern to allow programmatic access to the download API,
I wonder if you can simply rate limit usage of the download API?

Thanks! Scott